Gracie Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is the official hand-to-hand self defence combat system of the United States Military and law enforcement agencies all around the world. Founded on easy and instinctive movements, this reality-based self defence method was designed so that the practitioner can learn practical self defence in the shortest possible time.
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu adults classes incorporate all levels from 12 years old and above. The Gracie Smeaton Grange classes usually consists of a 10 minute warm up, half an hour technique and ‘drills’ (practising techniques with increased intensity) and 20 minutes of ‘rolling’ (realistically competing for submission).
All Gracie Smeaton Grange classes are supervised by a qualified instructor. No aggressive or unsportsmanlike behaviour is tolerated, a friendly environment is maintained throughout the session.
Beginners learn the most important basic techniques of Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Our program covers the most important aspects of Gracie Jiu Jitsu:
- Warm ups and drills – exercises safely taught to prepare students for their physical training
- Self defence – counters to the most common attacks such as punches, kicks and headlocks
- Ground grappling – the fundamental attacks and defences for ground fighting
Students have the opportunity to participate in the Gracie Jiu Jitu advanced program. You will learn new techniques and combinations while refining your basic skills. All aspects of Gracie Jiu Jitsu are covered:
- Self defence – advanced counters to attacks
- Sport Brazilian Jiu Jitsu – competition-style Jiu Jitsu including throws, reversals, escapes and submission holds
- Submission grappling – similar to Sport Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, but trained without the traditional Gi